Rafa Nadal’s sad admission about his wife after the loss

Rafa Nadal, pictured here, opens up about the dramas that afflicted his wife following his US Open defeat.

Rafa Nadal spoke candidly about the dramas that afflicted his wife after his US Open defeat. Image: Getty/US Open

Rafa Nadal has detailed his plans for the rest of the year reveals the Dramas that devour his wife and unborn child have affected him.

The Spanish champion was eliminated at the US Open in the hands of Frances Tiafoe on Monday, ending his 22-game undefeated streak in Grand Slams this year.

‘HARD TO FOUND’: Ajla Tomljanovic in ‘mad’ drama at US Open

‘STOP HEARING’: Tennis fans react to sad news from Novak Djokovic

A four-time New York champion and bid for a 23rd Grand Slam title, Nadal lost to Tiafoe 6-4 4-6 6-4 6-3 in the quarterfinals.

In his post-match press conference with reporters, Nadal sadly admitted that he doesn’t know when he will be back on the pitch.

The 36-year-old said he needed to return to Spain to be with his pregnant wife Xisca who was recently hospitalized in Mallorca.

“I have to go back. I have to fix things. I don’t know when I’ll be back,” he said.

“I’ll try to be mentally ready. If I feel like I’m ready to compete again, I’ll be there.”

Nadal is to become a father for the first time in the coming weeks, a factor that will heavily influence his future plans on the pitch.

The 36-year-old was reportedly furious last week after footage of Xisca being taken to hospital was leaked on social media.

“Now I have to go home, I have more important things to do than tennis,” he said.

“Decisions are made based on my personal life, which comes before my professional life.

“It’s been a bit difficult for a few months, but I want to end the year with something very important, which is my first child.”

The 22-time Grand Slam champion has previously stated that he only wants to start a family after his career is over.

Rafa Nadal pictured here with his wife Xisca Perello at a Rafa Nadal Foundation dinner in Madrid.

Rafa Nadal with wife Xisca Perello at a Rafa Nadal Foundation dinner in Madrid. (Photo by Irina R.Hipolito/Europa Press via Getty Images)

Rafa Nadal doesn’t rule out playing again in 2022

Australian greats Jelena Dokic and Todd Woodbridge discussed his comments on Channel 9 and said they didn’t think Nadal would play again ahead of the Australian Open in January.

Despite doubts about his future plans, Nadal told Spanish media that he won’t rule out playing again this year.

“I’m going to do a mini pre-season to end the year in Europe on a good note and we’ll try to do that,” he said.

“If all else goes well, there’s a tournament ahead.”

Rafa Nadal pictured here during his duel with Frances Tiafoe at the US Open.

Rafa Nadal watches his duel with Frances Tiafoe at the US Open. (Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

The Spaniard is because of the game in the Laver Cup alongside Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray from September 23-26.

If Nadal is available, it would be the first time all four members of the ‘Big 4’ play together on the same team.

Discussing his loss to Tiafoe, Nadal admitted that age had caught up with his 26-year-old opponent.

“I couldn’t push him back. Tennis is often a positional sport,” he said.

“If not, you must be very, very fast and very young. I’m not in this moment anymore.”

with agencies

click here to sign up for our newsletter with the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.